Friday, May 21, 2010

Jozy Altidore confident as World Cup looms large

It is no secret that the U.S. national team's forward position is in a state of flux, and although a handful of strikers are fighting for their World Cup lives, Jozy Altidore isn't one of them.

Just 20-years old, Altidore is heading into his first World Cup and big performances are expected out of him if the United States is to have a chance of reaching the knockout rounds. Likely to be the youngest player on the field when England plays the Americans on June 12, Altidore sounds ready for the challenge.

"i don't want to take (my career) for granted, I don't," said Altidore. "I think sometimes the worst thing people can do is get complacent and I don't want to do that. I want to improve."

No comments:

Post a Comment