Thursday, July 8, 2010

Haitian tennis Olivier Sajous keeps Grand Slam dreams going

Olivier Sajous, one of Haiti's top players who is based in Plantation, is struggling to keep his tennis career going while dealing with the aftermath of his native country's devastating earthquake.




Haitian tennis player Olivier Sajous dreams of winning a grand slam, but like his country, the 23-year-old standout is faced with financial struggles.

Still, Sajous keeps playing.

``It's very tough financially,'' said Sajous, a Plantation resident. ``To travel is very expensive when you are on your own financially. There has just been no help from any organization, no funding, no sponsorships.

``I wish I could play more tournaments. I play tournaments close to my house to save money on travel, but I need to travel and play more. I don't know if I can keep going like this. I'm training hard and my game is improving, but the financial needs are important, too.''

No comments:

Post a Comment